When someone asks me who my favourite author is I really struggle to choose just one and that is why I have decided to write this blog post. I think anyone who says they have a definitive favourite author is lying or has just said the first one that pops into their minds as choosing just one is extremely difficult (for those who enjoy reading). Authors are all so different from each other; from their style of writing and their structure to the topics they choose to base their books on are all unique to themselves.
Saying that they are all unique is true in my opinion. Yes they may have been influenced by other authors and therefor their work may have moments where you notice this but no two authors have every book written in the same way as another. Every one has their own process and priorities when writing a book as well as having different timescales and plans.
I am telling you this basically just to say that I don’t have just one favourite author and I believe that authors that I haven’t even yet read could possibly make it onto this list in the future. The following are just some of the fiction writing authors I love and would recommend to anyone.
- Mick Herron – Jackson Lamb Series
- Jonathon Holt – The Carnivia Trilogy
- April Henry – Girl, Stolen, The night she disappeared
- Helen Fields – DI Callanach Series
- Diane Jeffrey – Those who lie
- Chris Ryan – Agent 21 Series, Danny Black Series
- Roald Dahl – Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda
- Michael Morpurgo – An elephant in the garden
- Ally Carter – The Gallagher Girls Series
- Malorie Blackman – The Noughts and Crosses series
The above authors are not the only ones I love and I could easily continue this list but I had to stop somewhere and 10 seemed like a good amount.
Many thanks, Caitlin x
(PS please comment a few of your favourite authors or if some of the above are on your list as well)