The title of the book is one of the very first things you look at when you pick one up so therefore it is important for it to be a good one!
Here’s a few tips to a great title!
- It has to fit with the story and give an essence of what the book is about. It has to show the essence of the book so that reader’s will know what they are buying and whether they will want to buy it.
- It has to attract reader’s. It has to be able to make someone want to pick it up and read it.
- Concise. It can often help to have a shorter title as they are quick and easy to read/find.
- Highlight a part of the story. Often you don’t understand the title until you have finished the book.
- It can also help to have it link with the image and have that on mind when choosing it. What will it look like on the page
Hope this helps!
Many thanks, Caitlin X
(PS please feel free to comment your hint and tips for writing a title)