When browsing in store or online there is always that book that you pick up but immediately out back. These are my reasons :
- I tend to put books back if the are set far in the past unless it has an amazing story. There is something about books set hundreds of years ago that I just don’t really enjoy .
- When the book cover is a film poster. It always puts me off as therefore I imagine the characters as the actors
- When the font is hard to read. If I can’t read the title then I probably won’t buy it.
- If the cover features a person’s face because as I said before I quite like to imagine what the character looks like using the descriptions myself
- If the summary doesn’t interest me (an obvious one)
Many thanks, Caitlin X
(PS please comment why you wouldn’t pick up a book)