I buy my books from lost of places and each have their own qualities so I thought I would share them.
- Waterstones – I have to say this is where I buy most of my books. Perfect for getting a brand new book and there’s lots of choice! There is fiction, non fiction, educational books and more!
- Book Depository – book depository is an international online bookstore with more books that you could ever dream of. There is also a bargain shop to find a book at a great price!
- ABE books – abebooks is the perfect place to buy used books or books that are no longer in print for a reasonable price. Easy to use and a variety of options from well used to basically new.
- Charity shop – I think that charity shops are a great place to get a new book. There isn’t often a huge amount of choice but sometimes that’s a good thing. Easier to make a decision! And is well priced majority of the time.
- Amazon Kindle – I also have a Kindle eReader and buy my books from Amazon’s Kindle store. There are also a whole lot of free books, although they may not be your first choice it’s a great way to explore new genres and styles.
I hope this gives you a new place to buy your books!
Many thanks, Caitlin X
(PS please comment where you purchase your reading material)
When it comes to marking your page when your in the midst of reading a good book do you use a bookmark or fold the corners of the page?
Personally, I tend to fold the pages of my book as when starting a new book I walkways forget my bookmark or they fall out when I’m carrying it about. I used to always use a bookmark as I was quite picky about keeping my books in pristine condition however I feel it unnecessary these days. It shows that the book has been read.
I don’t mind borrowing a book where the pages have been folded over as I do it myself but I know some people who would hate to see that. If you ever get a book at your local library it is doubtful it’s going to be in the best condition so do be aware of this if you are picky about keeping your books at their best! Often when studying people bookmark multiple pages at time. This is often done with sticky notes or bookmarks however I have seen many with folded corners.
I have a large collection of bookmarks as well so it isn’t that I don’t have any! I understand why people use bookmarks and occasionally I still do. When you want to keep your book in good condition with no damaged pages then bookmarks are the way to go. I very rarely have a book that is in perfect condition!
So if your ever out and start a new book without a bookmark there’s a choice to made: it’s either carry a bookmark at all times in case you ever forget yours or sacrifice your perfect pages!
Many thanks, Caitlin x
(PS please comment which you prefer: bookmark or folded page.)
Every new year everyone makes a list of all their resolutions such as eat healthy or go to the gym. I have never been someone to make new year resolutions however this year I have decided to make a list of book related ones and I thought I would share !
- Continue to read something each day. Whether that’s a sentence,page or chapter.
- Read more books from different genres. Explore genres I haven’t really read and give them a chance.
- To write more reviews on the books I read.
- Try to recommend more books to other people.
- Inspire people to read through this blog
- Enjoy taking the time to read
I hope these may even inspire some of your resolutions!
May thanks, Caitlin x
(PS please comment any of your new year resolutions)
1) Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating?
Perfect Crime by Helen Fields (the 5th installment in the DI Callander series)
Jackson Lamb Thriller 6 by Mick Herron
2) Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing it’s praises?
Call me by your name
3) Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building?
The Narnia series
Alice in wonderland
4) A Christmas Carol: Favorite classic or one that you want to read
The adventures of Sherlock Holmes
War and peace
5) Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas
Darcy Bussel book (I did get it 🙂
6) Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling
The other side of lost by Jessie Kirby
7) Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favorite book covers?
The other side of lost
Only the Ocean by Natasha Carthew
( I have previously written a book on this)
8) Christmas Joy: What are some of your favorite things about Christmas And/Or some of your favorite Christmas memories
Being with family, the festive spirit the cold days spent all cost inside.
Many thanks, Caitlin x
(Please comment your answers to the above questions)