- Ending: A book ending that made you go NOPE either in denial, rage, or simply because the ending was crappy.
I don’t think any book I have read has had a crappy ending however I do feel that ‘The Lost Witch’ by Melvin Burgess had a little bit of an anti-climactic ending. It didn’t end in the battle that it was built up to be.
- Series: A series that turned out to be one huge pile of NOPE. after you’ve invested all of that time and energy on it, or a series you gave up on because it wasn’t worth it anymore.
I think that there has never been a series that I haven’t enjoyed as I tend to read within a genre I really like but I am sure I will come across one! I have however read individual books that I feel this way about as ‘The Lost Island of Tamarind’ by Nadia Aguiar. It was that this book was bad I think that it was just to complex a book at the age i was trying to read it.
- Plot twist: A plot twist you didn’t see coming or didn’t like
I think that ‘Gone Girl’ by Gillian Flynn had a plot twist that I didn’t see coming. The book has a very dramatic ending but I wasn’t quite expecting to end like it did.
- Genre: A genre you will never read.
I wouldn’t ever not read a whole genre of books however I would not necessarily be drawn to romantic books as I find the genre quite predictable. I am aware that it is a generalisation and I would say no to reading a good book within the genre but it wouldn’t be my first choice.
- Recommendation: A book recommendation that is constantly hyped and pushed at you that you simply refuse to read.
When the Hunger Games films first came out I felt that there was a hype around reading the books as well as watching the films however I have never felt the need to read the books. It didn’t help that I didn’t particularly enjoy the Hunger films past the first one.
- Cliche/pet peeve: A cliche or writing pet peeve that always makes you roll your eyes.
I don’t really enjoy reading books that have a ‘love triangle’ within the story as I feel it is very predicatble in most cases. It is also a very common twist to see in books, primarily in the romantic genre.
Many thanks, Caitlin x
(PS please comment your Nope Tag thought)